A CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professional will put your needs and interests first at all times.
A CISI CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professional has the knowledge, skills and experience to help you to review all of your options so you can make informed decisions about what you want from life both now and in future. They've been tested to make sure they meet rigorous international competency, ethical and professional practice standards. This means that not only will you have peace of mind regarding the technical accuracy of their advice but also the integrity that underpins it. They’ll work with you to make sure you’re in control of your finances and achieve your life goals. The best financial planning results come from working with a CFP professional. When seeking objective, expert and trusted financial planning advice you should always look for those who carry the CFP mark.
CFP certification is the only globally recognised mark of professionalism for Financial Planners. CFP professionals are qualified at a level well above the minimum regulatory requirement (similar level to University degree).
In the UK there are many thousands of advisers, but only around a thousand of which carry the CFP mark.
- Professional Qualification
CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTMprofessionals have successfully completed a rigorous assessment which tests their knowledge and skills on key aspects of financial planning.
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM professionals must gain relevant financial planning-related experience before they can use the CFPTM certification mark.
- The CISI believes that integrity is a key component of professionalism, defined as the effective combination of knowledge, skills and behaviour.
- CFP professionals must complete 35 hours of continuing professional development every year to stay current in financial planning knowledge, including ethics.
- Compliance in these four areas means that an individual who holds the CFPTM designation is well prepared and qualified to give sound, professional Financial Planning advice.
With our interview checklist you can find a planner that will best meet your needs.